About Me

My photo
Life is the journey to discover yourself.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I LOVE YOU


I was probably too excited to write. I had just kept down the little, yet most fascinating and thought-provoking book I have ever read, on the nightstand. Thereafter, I retired to bed, alone, pulling the red and golden comforter over me. Huddling under the warm cover, my head on the pillow, tears rolling down my cheeks, I realized how much I love you. I almost wanted the time to come to a standstill. Nothing mattered anymore. I wished I did not have to write and you would understand my feelings just like that, as if you were right next to me. Actually, it takes more than that. There are people who live in close proximity for years and never really know each other. Yet, even though you were not near me and I had no clue how far you were from me, you were in fact, really close. I could feel your presence as if you were thinking of me the same way as I was of you. You were right in my heart along with all those moments of togetherness. It dawned on me that I may never see you but I will never lose you, again. You may never be mine but my heart had forever become yours. I had learnt so much about living just by loving you. I turned the night light on and reached for my diary, lying right next to the small book I had been reading. I was compelled to write. "Thank you so much for letting me love you."

No comments: